We acknowledge that:
> Scientific evidence shows that global finite resource depletion and climate change are occurring, and the current systems of economic activity are unsustainable.
> Global resource depletion and climate change will likely have far reaching effects on people and places, economies, societies, habitats and the environment.
> Healthy fisheries and habitats where wild fish can thrive are integral parts of diverse ecosystems and a more sustainable planet.
> The social, economic and environmental benefits which come from more sustainable business activities, help to combat resource depletion and climate change, minimise waste and enhance habitats.
> Evidence-based research and development to identify ways in which the leisure fishing sector can develop more environmentally sustainably.
We commit our organisation from this date ___________________ to:
> Publicly declare, via appropriate plans and strategies, our commitment to work towards achieving a reduction in the local, national and global environmental impact of our business activities, especially to:
- Reduce greenhouse gases and other environmental releases;
- Reduce non-renewable energy use (in both manufacture and transport);
- Increase resource efficiency and material recycling, and minimise waste production;
- Work with our supply/value chains to integrate green procurement;
- Work with our clients and customers to reduce their own environmental footprint, and encourage them to make public their commitment to do so;
- Promote angler stewardship towards protection and enhancement of fishing habitats and the wider environment, and support local economies, peoples and cultures; and
- Monitor our progress against these commitments.
To become a signatory please click here.